Sunday, 5 February 2012

Exclusive Interview with Tracy Bilen , Author What She Left Behind

Me : Please tell us a few words about What she left behind?

Tracy : Here is the back cover copy:
“Don’t even think of leaving…I will find you,” he whispered. “Guaranteed.”
Sara and her mom have a plan to finally escape Sara’s abusive father. But when her mom doesn’t show up as expected, Sara’s terrified. Her father says that she’s on a business trip, but Sara knows he’s lying. Her mom is missing—and her dad had something to do with it.
Each day that passes, Sara’s more on edge. Her friends know that something’s wrong, but she won’t endanger anyone else with her secret. And with her dad growing increasingly violent, Sara must figure out what happened to her mom before it’s too late…for them both.

Me : What was your inspiration of choosing the story line based on such serious topic like abusive relationship?

Tracy : The idea for What She Left Behind came from an image in my mind of a girl, a suitcase, and a field. From there I had to figure out why she was leaving and who she was running from.

Me : How do you like to describe Sara's character?

Tracy : Sara loves reading horror novels and watching her favorite soap. She sneaks Ritz Bits during English class, plays the “shrunken” clarinet, and hates all forms of organized sports. She’s memorized the Worst Case Scenario guidebook, but unfortunately it can’t help her find her mom.

Me : What would you do in such situation if you were Sara?

Tracy : I would probably do the same as Sara…keep holding out hope that my mom would come back for me, while at the same time doing everything in my power to find her.

Me : Is there going to be any love interest for Sara?

Tracy : Most definitely! Sara falls for Alex. He’s best known for football playing and class cutting, but he also shares her love of horror novels.

Me : Do you personally think awareness against domestic violence and child abuse can really make them less?

Tracy : I think awareness and education can help victims of abuse realize that they are being abused and encourage them to seek assistance.

I would like to thank Tracy Bilen , Author What She Left Behind for giving me such an amazing interview and I would like to wish her best of luck for her book What She Left Behind
This interview was taken by Soumi@Pages From My Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment