Thursday, 8 March 2012

Other Side of Forever by Shannon Eckrich

From Goodreads : What if your life finally seemed to make sense? But, what if--in an instant--everything is taken away? How far would you go to get your life back?

Seventeen-year-old Allie Anderson's telekinetic powers are anything but useful--she can't bring her father back, can't stop her mother's downward spiral into alcohol, and can't keep her from falling in love with Ethan Bradley. Loving Ethan is easy, but it comes with a hefty price: Ethan is prohibited by his people from interacting with mortals--because he isn't mortal himself.

When Allie and Ethan's love is discovered, there's someone who will do anything to keep them apart. If Allie can't learn to control her powers and fight to save Ethan, this dark entity will make every attempt to stop her beating heart. And if that happens, not even the energy of an immortal can bring her back.


My rating : 3 of 5 stars


My Thoughts : Allie was not a typical teenager, she is a telekinetic but she cannot use her power to get back or stop her mother from being an alcoholic. Without her sensible friends and job at book store her life was miserable. Enter Ethan, charming, caring, helping and dashing handsome but secretive. Their romance took a roller costar ride but there was something out there, someone dangerous and they will do anything to take last breath out of Allie.

I closed my eyes and snuggled deeper into Ethan’s arms, knowing that this was where I was meant to be. And there was nothing in this world, or any other world, that could tear us apart.

I loved the book; I never expected I will like the book so much. Books centering some forbidden love have always been my taste, and this one was no exception. The romance was fast paced but believable. Allie and Ethan were cute together. I enjoyed the romance and found myself engulfed by the romantic lines which were beautifully written.

I liked Allie as the main lead though I wanted her to be a little strong. No doubt her power was unique and impressive, truth to be spoken.

Ethan was breath taking beautiful and worthy enough to be the male lead. He belongs from a kind that forbids him to be with Allie. But when you are destined to be with someone, no can gets in your way. He was strong and loving, fought for Allie and protected her in every way, which I liked about him more.

Other side of forever brought some interesting concept about dimensions and portals, which was very imaginative of the author and the whole credit goes to her. I really wonder is it a stand alone or a series, cause I would love see more action and romance.

Easy to read, Other Side of Forever is a kind of book that once you start to read, you will not left until you are finished.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment