Sunday, 15 July 2012

The Girl With Borrowed Wings by Rinsai Rossetti

Goodreads Summery : A stunningly written tale of an isolated girl and the shape-shifting boy who shows her what freedom could be--if only she has the courage to take it.

Controlled by her father and bound by desert, Frenenqer Paje’s life is tediously the same, until a small act of rebellion explodes her world and she meets a boy, but not just a boy--a Free person, a winged person, a shape-shifter. He has everything Frenenqer doesn’t. No family, no attachments, no rules. At night, he flies them to the far-flung places of their childhoods to retrace their pasts. But when the delicate balance of their friendship threatens to rupture into something more, Frenenqer must confront her isolation, her father, and her very sense of identity, breaking all the rules of her life to become free.


My Rating : 4 of 5 stars

My Thoughts : "I am unlike most other people because I began, not in the body of my mother, but in the brain of my father. He invented me, you see. He sat down one day and dreamed me up. I started out as no more than a figment of his imagination”


The Girl with Borrowed Wings is completely different from any other books I have recently read. I found the book thoughtful work of young adult literature where we see a soul is caged on her own body, controlled by her father. The Girl with Borrowed Wings is story of Frenenquer Paje, a sixteen years old girl who wants to fly away with her imaginary wings and be free of her father’s strict control. Her father wants her to be the daughter he always dreamed off, a daughter who will follow his footstep and be the most obedient one. As an act of rebellion, she brought a sick cat home and the cat turned out to be a shape shifter boy with wings and who can really fly. The closer they got, the more Frenenquer got taste of a life without fear, a life out of her father’s control and soon she started questioning herself about the life she lived, about her feelings and newly grown friendship.

The Girl with Borrowed Wings is the story how Frenenquer found her wings and learn to fly, how she learn to fight back against everything that has hold her back. She learned to confront her isolation, showing her emotions. Her whole life has been something only planned by her father and I liked her transformation from a puppet to a girl. I adore the author’s imagination power, I must say reading the from Frenenquer’s perspective, it feels like all real, not a story I’m reading. We see the joy of first love and fear of accepting her feelings.
Always obedient Frenenquer lived a restricted life, now when she broke free of parental bond she realized what freedom mean and what the person who gave set her free means to her. The romance was not overdone; it was rather smooth and sweet.
It was really a pleasure to witness the girl with imaginary wings finally broke free.I felt Girl with Borrowed Wings is not only a fantasy, it’s actually reality told behind mask of a fantastic fantasy.




View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I'm intruiged by this one! Adding it to my wishlist ☺

    ReplyDelete