Sunday, 5 August 2012

Auracle by Gina Rosati

Goodreads Summary : 16 year old Anna Rogan has a secret she's only shared with her best friend, Rei; she can astrally project out of her body, allowing her spirit to explore the world and the far reaches of the universe.

When there's a fatal accident and her classmate Taylor takes over Anna's body, what was an exhilarating distraction from her repressive home life threatens to become a permanent state. Faced with a future trapped in another dimension, Anna turns to Rei for help. Now the two of them must find a way to get Anna back into her body and stop Taylor from accusing an innocent friend of murder. Together Anna and Rei form a plan but it doesn't take into account the deeper feelings that are beginning to grow between them.


My Rating : 4 of 5 stars


My Thoughts : I have read many books of fantasy, magic and other supernatural phenomenon, but Astral Project is something I’m reading for the first time in my life, and I’m utterly surprised to see such a brilliant blending of science and fantasy with mystery and contemporary romance in a single novel. The plot is simple, but author Gina Rossetti turned this ordinary plot into an extraordinary one using her mesmerizing storytelling and she included effects that dispense an entertaining story.

Sixteen years old Anna has an unearthly gift of projecting herself out of earthly body, and with a speed of light she can visit anywhere she wishes, also she has capability of identifying auras glowing outside people. Hence, when the most popular girl of her class Taylor, died in an accident and takes over Anna’s body to punish her friend Seth for a crime he didn’t commit, Anna turns to her best friend Rei for help. Rei is only person she trusts with her secret, and as the story progress, a different feeling blossom between Anna and Rei.

Imagine your soul is wandering, you can’t eat, can’t sleep, or worse you can’t even talk, in single line, your life sucks. And those feelings of helplessness and inability to act, the author has perfectly waved through Anna’s character, and I easily connected myself with her. In spite of her impuissance, she was smart enough to find a way to help her friend Seth. As the story progressed, the author elongated other sides of Anna’s magical ability to some greater extend.
I’m completely wooed by Rei, the best friend/love interest, and I’m extremely grateful to the author for not including insta love. He is witty and sharp, strong and loyal, breathtakingly handsome…what else do we need? I loved the way their friendship springs up into romance and how they realized their true feelings for each other, which was sweet and something you will enjoy as a side flavor of the main story.
The crucial person of the story is Taylor, the mean girl, the villain. When the book started, I hated her, but as we dig deeper, I felt sympathy for her. But I must she made the story more gripping by are all creepy and bitching attitude and bad ass manners.

Auracle is mesmerizing debut of author Gina Rosati, a whole new concept of Astral Projection is a breath in fresh air. The plot delivers something utterly new we all are searching for a long time. I was completely immersed into the story right from the beginning and couldn’t put it down.




View all my reviews

3 comments:

  1. I need to read this! So many people are praising it.

    Awesome review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome review

    i loved this book

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a to read spot on my shelf

    ReplyDelete