Sunday, 19 August 2012

Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again

Author Miriam Forster is having a really fun writing contest over at Dancing with dragons is Hard on Your Shoes The contest gave me an opportunity to explore my thoughts.


Once glamorous, now nothing but a crumbled Opera house where the imprint of those glorious days still lingers and I walked down the memory lane. I stare blankly at the spiral staircase where I saw him first on the masquerade ball, walking down as red death himself wearing the mask of white, the angel of music. Now only his sprite sings in unearthly voice, echoed through the wall, calling her name but not mine. I stood exactly where once the chandelier shattered into pieces and he shattered my heart. My heart ached every time when I saw him dying for the girl who never loved him back.
And I?
I loved him, with every breath of my life; I wanted to breathe in him. I loved his face behind the mask, I loved his angelic voice singing even if it was dedicated to her, I loved his heart and wanted to make him mine. I remember him walking down the stairs; his curious eyes were only searching for her. I remember standing right beside him, just by the staircase and he walked past me. I waited for him to look back, he never did.
The moment I found his mask, resting on his chair in the abandoned underground lair, I knew he was gone and he is never coming back. My world fall apart and I lay on the floor, holding the mask beneath my heart. A silent tear rolled down from my eyes, snakes its way down to my cheeks.

Wishing you were somehow here again
Wishing you were somehow near
Sometimes it seemed if I just dreamed
Somehow you would be here

Wishing I could here your voice again
Knowing that I never would
Dreaming of you helped me to do
All that you dreamed I could


After all these years, after all my effort to fight back my tears, to resist my self form coming back to this cursed and decayed Opera, but I failed. His love calls me every time, and I cherish his memory and my grief ridden soul still cries for him.
And I wish if he was here, wrapping his finger around mine.

I couldn’t hold him back, because he was never mine, he was hers; Christine’s.
And who am I? I’m Meg Giry, just a girl who died thousand times craving for his love.

NOTE : The story was titled after Phantom of the Opera song Wishing You Were Mine and the lyrics has been also quoted from the song.

4 comments:

  1. This is really good. If it was a book or a short story I'd totally read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice..! :)
    Following you now..! :)
    You can check me out at: http://readingwithanacrasia.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  3. gr8 short short . i would buy your books lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys. It's just a short story for the competition :)

    ReplyDelete