Wednesday, 21 November 2012

Sacred by Elana K. Arnold

Goodreads Summary : Growing up on Catalina Island, off the California coast, Scarlett Wenderoth has led a fairly isolated life. After her brother dies, her isolation deepens as she withdraws into herself, shutting out her friends and boyfriend. Her parents, shattered by their own sorrow, fail to notice Scarlett's pain and sudden alarming thinness. Scarlett finds pleasure only on her horse, escaping to the heart of the island on long, solitary rides. One day, as she races around a bend, Scarlett is startled by a boy who raises his hand in warning and says one word: "Stop."

The boy—intense, beautiful—is Will Cohen, a newcomer to the island. For reasons he can't or won't explain, he's drawn to Scarlett and feels compelled to keep her safe. To keep her from wasting away. His meddling irritates Scarlett, though she can't deny her attraction to him. As their relationship blossoms into love, Scarlett's body slowly awakens at Will's touch. But just when her grief begins to ebb, she makes a startling discovery about Will, a discovery he's been grappling with himself. A discovery that threatens to force them apart. And if it does, Scarlett fears she will unravel all over again.


My Rating : 4 of 5 stars


My Thoughts : When I started the book, it was slow and smooth, but as I progressed, the Sacred caught me by surprised. I felt very urge to uncover the mysteries that was embedded in pages. I was previously dying to read the book, now I believe I’m lucky to have Sacred to have on my book shelf.
In a beautiful island Catalina, Scarlet was mourning over dead brother, and her life seemed to have stopped, until a new boy Will showed up. Strangely, Will was drawn to Scarlet in a very unexplainable way. Every time Scarlet is in danger, Will saves her. But Will has some secrets to hide, secrets that can cause enough damage in their lives and those damages would be irrecoverable.

Lonely girl and mysterious boy with lot of dangerous secrets; what could be most interesting than that?
I always had a soft corner for broken characters and for me both Scarlet and Will won me by the end, however Scarlet was very depressing at the beginning, but I felt her remorse. Her emotions were expressed in a very intense way, even after one year of her brother’s death she fought with her grief in every second. On the other side the new boy Will was utterly gorgeous and everything was mysterious about him that it made me wonder that I badly wanted to dive inside the book. He was a stalker at first, kind of annoying but later it revealed to be his strange attraction to danger and in this case danger was Scarlet herself. He was kind of guardian angel to her, a protector and a lover.

The book was gorgeously written, and the author’s description of Catalina Island took my breath away. It was vivid and beautifully described that it’s not impossible for readers to visualize every tiny detail. It was slow at the beginning, and then the book picked up speed and never let of it. The more I made progress with the story, the more I found myself engrossed in it. I loved Sacred; it’s a surprisingly brilliant starting of a new series and a wonderful debut.



View all my reviews

5 comments:

  1. I have been looking out for reviews of this one to see if I wanted to move it up my TBR list.

    Jennifer McCoy
    http://ya-sisterhood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Sold! This sounds amazing! Got to get a copy of this now! Thanks for the fab review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live near Catalina and it's truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you enjoyed it, Soumi! Thank you for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds awesome but the cover looks so beautiful!

    I just started following your blog and hope you can stop by my page and follow back as well! I have a book cover reveal this week that I am really excited about and hope you can check it out!

    www.themakeupmother.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete