Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza


Goodreads Summary : Mila 2.0 is the first book in an electrifying sci-fi thriller series about a teenage girl who discovers that she is an experiment in artificial intelligence.

Mila was never meant to learn the truth about her identity. She was a girl living with her mother in a small Minnesota town. She was supposed to forget her past—that she was built in a secret computer science lab and programmed to do things real people would never do.

Now she has no choice but to run—from the dangerous operatives who want her terminated because she knows too much and from a mysterious group that wants to capture her alive and unlock her advanced technology. However, what Mila’s becoming is beyond anyone’s imagination, including her own, and it just might save her life.

Mila 2.0 is Debra Driza’s bold debut and the first book in a Bourne Identity-style trilogy that combines heart-pounding action with a riveting exploration of what it really means to be human. Fans of I Am Number Four will love Mila for who she is and what she longs to be—and a cliffhanger ending will leave them breathlessly awaiting the sequel.


My Rating : 4 of 5 stars


My Review : The way technology is advancing in an incredible rate, we can see the reflection of such improvement upon novels, and such thinking is beyond imagination.

A normal girl with no memory of her past, we have heard such stories many times but let me say this one is different. It has blood rushing, jaw dropping Bourne Identity-style detailed action, hi-fi technology that was used well in places, romance that will not disappoint you.
After a losing her father and her memory in devastating fire Mila was trying to build her life anew in a remote town with her mother. But a car accident changes everything. It was revealed that Mila isn’t a normal girl; she isn’t even a human at all. Mobile Intel Lifelike Android-an experimental artificial intelligence created using Nano technology, she is programmed to function like a normal teenage girl, adapting the surroundings and surviving like a normal human does . When her trued identity unveils she has no choice but run from the scientists who created her and they won’t stop at nothing until they get her back.

The pace quickly picked up at the beginning that I hardly got a time to let out my breath during the whole story, a little bit predictable, that’s all. The romance was little off beat, as I felt it, though I will be looking forward to see more Hunter in the next unsentimental. There was a totally, utterly bitchy fried named Kaylee whom I wanted to kill with my bare hands. Seriously, why on earth anyone would like to befriend her? She was evil avatar of Gossip Girl characters. However Mila was very likable, she was naive at the beginning, slowly her character developed as she started accepting who she is and what she is capable of doing.

Undeniably, it was a fast, fun and exciting read. One can easily visualize the action sequences; it was more like watching a sci-fi movie. I will definitely be awaiting for the sequel to come.






View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you enjoyed it more than I did! This book just wasn't for me.

    - Ellie at The Selkie Reads Stories

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't read Mila 2.0 but I have read its prequel and I found it enjoyable. Great review though it sounds like you enjoyed it.

    Kristin@Blood,Sweat and Books

    ReplyDelete